GOD SEES DIAMONDS
School of Worship and Mission APPLY here
See upcoming DATES.
- 10 days to journey ‘deeper in and further out’. You will dive into worship to explore the breathtaking depths of God’s love for you – and step into mission to explore his passion and plan for the world.
- 10 days set aside, in a place of beauty, to absorb great teaching, to lean into the rescue that is in the Father’s heart, to discover his passion for your future, to grow in boldness and courage, and to learn what it is to live in the full current of his blessing.
- 10 days that will empower you to connect more deeply with your God-given inheritance and to search out the treasures that come from intimacy with the Father, Son and Spirit.
- 10 days to embrace the value God places on you, and the value he asks you to place on others.
You see coal: God sees diamonds!
God sees diamonds is a learning experience like no other. Based at Bethanie, in Normandy, France this 10 day school of worship and mission will enable you to encounter God, to explore his mission in the world, to identify and develop your gifts and to get on track with your calling and purpose. If worship is the discovery of God’s heart for you and mission is the discovery of God’s heart for the world, Bethanie is the place is where the heart of worship and the heart of mission collide. If you’re tired of being forced to choose between experience and action, between receiving good news and being good news, God sees diamonds is for you.
The 2-week school will involve you in:
LEARNING – Built on “The Seven Stories That Shape Your Life” our curriculum will increase your understanding of God’s mission and will empower you to find your place within it.
MISSION – We are a missional movement seeking to connect with the purposes of God for mainland Europe. Your learning will be forged in the contemporary practise of mission.
WORSHIP – This is above all a journey of the heart: our reflections on mission and our practise of mission are both embedded in a deep and passionate exploration of worship.
COMMUNITY – During your time with us you will be part of the Bless family, living in community at Bethanie, sharing life and meals together and joining our rhythm of work, rest and prayer.
CHURCH – You will also be part of Bless Church, a bilingual, ecumenical and missional church meeting in three locations.
GOD SEES DIAMONDS is
– A time set aside, in a place of beauty, to absorb great teaching, to lean into the rescue that is in the Father’s heart, to discover his passion for your future, to grow in boldness and courage, and to learn what it is to live in the full current of his blessing.
– A time that will empower you to connect more deeply with your God-given inheritance and to search out the treasures that come from intimacy with the Father, Son and Spirit.
– A time to embrace the value God places on you, and the value he asks you to place on others.
Our goal is for you to dive into worship to explore the breathtaking depths of God’s love for you – and step into mission to explore his passion and plan for the world.
See upcoming DATES.
The GOD SEES DIAMONDS Mission school is a 10 day training intensive that can be complemented by a placement with our church-plants in France to make an internship of 3, 6 or 9 months. We offer placements of 10 weeks or more in Caen and Livarot (Normandy) and Villedômer (Loire Valley) and can arrange them elsewhere with partner churches. Our placements are in missional church-plants. For language students, they offer excellent opportunities for language practice and development. For Gap Year students, the combination of learning intensives and placements provide an overall experience of 3, 6 or 9 months. Applicants from the USA and CANADA (and others who are not European passport-holders) can apply for just the 10 day school, or add a 10-week placement to bring their total time in Europe within the 90-day visa-free limit. We are also happy to welcome those who already have a placement or internship set up in their home church or further afield, who wish to attend for just the 2 week Mission School.
Each training intensive costs €480 (Euros). This amount includes food, accommodation in shared rooms, all tuition and resources, insurance, and local mission costs. Travel to and from Bethanie is not included in this figure. [This amount is reduced to €400 for those completing a second mission school.]
We run GOD SEES DIAMONDS twice a year, in March / April and September / October.
For those looking for an Internship opportunity, placements costs are approximately €140 per week, so that a 3, 6 or 9 month experience will cost:
3 months – €1850 [Training Intensive plus 10 week placement]
6 months – €3580 [two Training intensives plus 20 week placement]
9 months – €4880 [two Training Intensives plus 30 week placement]
We are running the GOD SEES DIAMONDS school so you can be empowered to encounter and embrace the love of the Trinity in such a way that you discover that the Father, Son and Spirit love you as deeply as they love each other. We want you:
- To come to know and deeply experience the immense love the father has for you. We curate a space where you can fully engage with the fact that your maker calls you ‘beloved’.
- To learn to receive and operate in the fulness of God’s Spirit, so that all you do, whether in daily life or in some special time of mission, is Spirit-led, Spirit-empowered and Sprit-soaked.
- To discover more fully the story of the incarnation and learn to tell your own life-story in its light, so that not only your words but your very life reflects the unique story of Jesus.